How much does pediatric speech and occupational therapy cost?
The cost of therapy is dependent on your insurance plan, deductible, coverage, copay or co-insurance amounts. We are happy to check your insurance benefits to give you an idea about how much therapy would cost your family. If you choose not to use insurance, our private pay rates are available upon request.
Is pediatric speech and occupational therapy covered by insurance?
In most cases, yes. This is dependent on your individual plan funded by your workplace/HR department. We are happy to use your insurance information to check your benefits.
At what age does a child need speech or occupational therapy?
This is child dependent. We see children as young as newborn age for feeding issues. Many of our clients that are two and under, come to us because of difficulties with play skills and babbling/talking. We encourage you to seek early intervention to get an early starting on talking and learning.
How do I know if my child needs speech therapy?
Signs your child would benefit from a speech therapy evaluation:
- Becomes frustrated easily
- Is not easily understood to you or other family members
- Eats a limited amount of foods or has a hard time with drinking or eating
- Does not play with toys appropriately
- Has difficulty connecting and playing with you or peers
How do I know if my child needs occupational therapy?
- Has difficulty connecting and playing with adults or peers
- Has difficulty self-regulating
- Has low or high tone
- Has gross or fine motor difficulties
How do I know if I or my child needs orofacial myofunctional services?
- You or your child is a chronic thumb/finger sucker, nail biter or tongue/cheek biter
- You or your child are considering a tongue/lip tie release
- You or your child has had orthodontic relapse (you’ve had orthodontia and need it again).
- You or your child has a tongue thrust
- You or your child consistently breathe through the mouth
Does ACT Therapy Services offer clinic and on campus services to my child at school?
We offer medical based pediatric therapy in the natural environment and on campus at daycares, preschools and elementary schools during the day for patients with an IEP.
Do you offer in clinic services if I think my child won’t progress in the home or I prefer a clinic setting?
Yes, we offer in clinic services at 7300 Carmel Executive Park Drive, Suite 120, Charlotte, NC 28226. This allows us to treat your child in a sensory gym with specialized equipment.
What areas does ACT Therapy Services cover for in home therapy?
Our therapists provide therapy to children at the following locations:
- South Charlotte
- Ballantyne/Blakeney areas
- Waxhaw, NC
- Matthews, NC
- Steele Creek, NC
- Indian Land, SC
- Fort Mill, SC.